Do you have experience working with grant programs and funding? Are you passionate about improving your community? Are you detail orientated, a phenomenal teammate, love collaborating with others, and building relationships? Do you love acting as a liaison between other agencies? Are you analytical and love thinking outside of the box to find solutions? Then you should consider applying to join our team as a Grants Officer!
At RPOSD, Grants Officers:
- Administers and disburses grant funds contingent on application approval, eligibility, and compliance with grant program requirements.
- Maintains a liaison relationship with various agencies and organizations, including County departments, local, state and federal agencies, community agencies, and other concerned parties, both public and private.
- Perform regular project site inspections before, during and after completion to ensure that the works progress as intended and in compliance with the grant agreement’s scope of work.
- Coordinate the execution of project agreements between RPOSD and the applicant/grantee and ensure that programs are successfully implemented.
- Review and approve applications for grant funding including project eligibility, feasibility, completeness, timeliness, budgeting and any necessary project agreement special provisions.
- Represent RPOSD at meetings and ceremonies with other departments or agencies, as assigned by the Grants Section Assistant Manager, Grants Section Manager or District Administrator.
- Ensure that grantees are aware of and in compliance with RPOSD’s policies, grant agreements and Grants Administration Manuals.
- Work with grantees to develop, review and guide plans and projects to completion.
- Facilitate and function as a subject matter expert at workshops held by RPOSD for its various grant programs.
Click here for a PDF copy of the job bulletin for this role. Those interested in this position are highly recommended to review this document thoroughly. Please note that the employment for this role is facilitated by the Los Angeles County Department of Parks and Recreation under the promotional title of Program Manager I (Grants Administrator).
DEADLINE: June 13, 2019
INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY:
- Go to https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/lacounty and create an account.
- Type “Program Manager I (Grants Administrator)” or “D0977J” on the Search Bar.
- Open the job listing by clicking on the title.
- Click the green “APPLY” button.
- Proceed to fill out the forms and answer all the questions online!